Monday, September 19, 2011

White Chicken Chili

I finally decided to try out a recipe for some white chicken chili! I made it last night, but put it in the crock pot before I left for work this morning. I'll say that I made it a little differently than listed below, but next time I make it - this is how I'll do it. I used 5 cans of beans and we decided that was a bit too much. I could use a little more spice, but I think Vannah and Danny were happy with the amount of spice I used. I served this with fresh baked bread, sour cream and cheese.

1 lb. chicken
2 onions, diced
4 cloves of garlic
2 cans green chiles
1 jalapeno pepper
1 box of chicken broth (32 oz I think)
4 cans of Great Northern Beans
2 tsp. cumin
2 tsp. oregano
1 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper

Cook and shred the chicken. Saute the diced onions and garlic in a pan over medium heat. Add green chiles and chopped jalapeno pepper. Let cook for a few minutes. Meanwhile, put two cans of beans and all of the chicken broth in the crock-pot. Puree two cans of beans in a food processor and add to the crock-pot. Add chicken to the crock-pot along with the onion mixture. Add the spices and stir well. I put all of this in the refrigerator overnight, popped it in the crock-pot first thing this morning on low and it was perfect by the time I got home from work. In fact, Vannah said that it was the best meal I've ever made. I'd say that was a slight exaggeration, but it was pretty tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment