Saturday, September 10, 2011

Non-Sophie update

I'm two weeks in at the new job and left work yesterday feeling very fulfilled. The new position has lots of challenges (working with boys) and lots of benefits (lighter work load, more money). I'm still trying to figure out a few people. My boss seems very flexible and allows for a lot of autonomy in my work.  There were a few days during my first week when I just felt completely overwhelmed. The thought of working with teenage boys frankly terrified me. Now that I have two weeks of sessions under my belt, I'm feeling a lot more comfortable with them and actually enjoy the time I get to spend with them. One of the guys came in my office this week and was crying because he was not allowed to play football that evening. My heart just melted. It almost made me want to have another baby right away so maybe we would have a little boy. Almost. 

No comments:

Post a Comment