Tuesday, October 4, 2011

7 Months!

Sophie is now 7 months old and boy, do we have our hands full! She is such a sweet girl, but she definitely has some sass in there! She's growing and changing so quickly - which I think I say every month! She is almost crawling! She'll get up on her hands and knees and rock but then falls flat onto her belly. She is getting around just fine, though. She's scooting everywhere! She really likes to get underneath things - the coffee table, her jumperoo, anywhere she can fit! A few days ago, she pulled herself up using the ottoman while I was doing my make-up in the morning. Tonight, I put her down in the crib while I was getting her bath ready. I walked into her room to get her, and she was standing in her crib! It's definitely time to kick the baby-proofing into high gear. We have to make time ASAP to move a lot of her "baby" stuff into the garage and make room for her to play. I love how she is able to play independently for a while but still loves to snuggle with me. She has now graduated to the big girl tub. We've used a baby tub since she was born and it says that it can be used until she is a "toddler." I don't see how that's possible, so last week, I thought I'd see how she did in the bathtub. She loves it! She can "swim" around and play with her ducks. I actually find it way easier!


She is eating pretty well, however it doesn't seem like she wants much to do with baby food anymore. At our doctor's appointment last month, the doctor told us to start giving her some table foods that she could easily mash with her gums. Now it seems that all she wants to eat are table foods! She loves the puffs (like puff cereal) and yogurt melts, which are easy snacks that she can feed herself. 


It's hard to believe how quickly the past 7 months have passed. Becoming parents has been stressful and difficult at times, but there is nothing in this world that I have enjoyed more. Between taking care of the baby, cleaning the house, making meals for the family, working and taking care of Vannah throughout the week, I go to sleep completely exhausted every night. But each morning, I am beyond blessed to listen to my sweet girl babble away in her crib and I wouldn't trade the life we have for anyone else's. Our life isn't perfect, but we are beyond blessed. 



2 weeks old....


1 month...


2 months...


3 months...


4 months...


5 months...


6 months...


7 months!







No comments:

Post a Comment