Friday, February 19, 2010

I love my life...really, I do.

I just have to say today, that I love my life. I have so much to be thankful for and today, I am choosing to be thankful. I have a wonderful husband who makes me laugh everyday and works hard to provide for us. I have the most amazing, beautiful sisters a girl could ever ask for. I have wonderful friends who will drop everything and be there for me in the middle of the night. I have my mom, who though she has her faults, does make me laugh a lot - there's just something to say about the bond between a mother and her daughter. I have a wonderful extended family, including the parents, siblings, niece and nephew that I gained when I married Danny. I have my beautiful Taylor and silly Jackson. I have a loving father who I know is watching me each day, and each day, I send him my love and try so hard to make him proud. So many good people in my life!! I feel like I have been a little vague about some things that my girls and I are going through....that is completely intentional, and perhaps someday soon all will be revealed, but the time is not now. Sometimes, life is just tough, but I am so thankful to be surrounded by so many people who love and support me.

I saw this quote today, and found some peace in it: "The best way out is always through." - Robert Frost. How true is that!? You can't run from your problems (they will inevitably catch up with you). You can't ignore them (they will sneak up and get you when you least expect it). You really just have to go through - not around, and you will find your way out.

To continue with my random thoughts for the day....someone said to me yesterday, "Do you see the light at the end of the tunnel?" My internal reaction was "Yep - I see the light. It's a different light than what you're seeing, but I do see a light." (Of course, I just replied with a "Yes!" and the conversation moved on.) This short exchange reminded me of a song by Shooter Jennings (the incredibly talented son of Waylon Jennings, and husband of Drea de Matteo). The song is called "The Song is Still Slipping Away" and the one line that I just love is "the light that you're chasing in the tunnel is a train." Sometimes, it really does feel like that....you work hard, you feel like you're making progress, the goal is in sight, and you look up and see the train getting ready to smack you back down. Well, my friends (the two or perhaps three of you that actually read this blog), today, I see the light. The real light in the tunnel - not the train, but the light of day. I am working hard to get out of this tunnel and can't wait to see what's waiting out there for me!

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Lizzie! It can be hard to look for the light and not see the train. Lord knows I went through that and continue to at times. You have a great support system, which helps. Hope to see you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete