Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My newest addiction...

Besides my renewed passion for crafting, my other newest addiction is the show "Criminal Minds." My friend, Kristin (her new blog is here), has been a fan of the show for quite some time. I know that I had seen at least one episode in the past, but I've so enjoyed watching tons of episodes. Thanks to a few cable networks, "Criminal Minds" is on the air constantly! I have my DVR set to record all episodes and have watched many of them! Typically, there is a quote read at the beginning and the end of each episode, one of the characters reads a quote. There was an episode on a few weeks ago and the character J.J. read this quote at the end:

"Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn." -- C.S. Lewis.

I just can't seem to get this quote out of my head. Over the course of my life, I've had several experiences that I feel really mimic the sentiment of this quote. So many situations that I have survived have taught me tough lessons in life. I try not to allow difficult times to make me a cynical person - sometimes I succeed and sometimes I do not. While life hasn't always been easy, I have learned priceless lessons that I wouldn't have otherwise. In the past, when I would share bits and pieces of my "life story," I sometimes felt like people really pitied me or felt sorry for me. That's not what I'm about. If I didn't go through those circumstances, I know that I would not be the person I am today.

1 comment:

  1. Great quote for a very great mind! Glad I could be there to get you hooked on Criminal Minds :)

    ReplyDelete