Monday, January 25, 2010

Happy Birthday!

It's so hard to believe that my "baby" sister is 14 today. It feels like just yesterday (and thank God it wasn't) my parents telling us that they were having another baby. She was quite the surprise, but has been the joy of our family since she came into our lives. Vannah has always been my little buddy. In high school, she came with me to football and basketball games, hung out with my friends, and was always the life of the party. Vannah had nicknames for all of my friends (Aunt Salsa, Uncle Rhino, she even called one "Daddy" much to his chagrin). She has always been such a smart, funny little girl, it's just crazy to see her turning into a young woman. She is so smart, so sassy and really knows what she wants. She is stubborn and proud, but one of the kindest, most gentle souls I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. This year, she'll graduate from middle school and move on to high school. She loves her friends so much and spends a lot of time with them, but she always loves to come to my house to spend time with Danny and me. We enjoy every second that she is with us. She is truly the light of my life and I am so proud to call her my sister. Happy 14th Birthday Vannah - I love you more than you will ever know!


No comments:

Post a Comment