Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

I am not typically one to make New Year's Resolutions, as I tend to lack the follow-through to see them to fruition. This year, however, I resolve myself to do better in certain areas of my life. I saw on Good Morning America this morning that the top three resolutions are to lose weight, manage money better and eliminate debt. Those are three things that would not hurt me to do. So, Danny and I ordered our new Bowflex TreadClimber a few weeks ago. While it's not really a resolution, it is a lifestyle change that we are looking forward to. We've both had different gym memberships for the past few years. During the warmer months, I can do okay getting out of bed early and heading to the gym. However, when it's cold outside, I prefer to stay in bed as long as possible and to only go outside when absolutely necessary. We are both hoping that having the TreadClimber in the common living area will encourage both of us to jump on and work off some of those Christmas cookies! I am excited that I can work-out and catch up on some DVR. It's too bad that Bowflex forgot to mention to us that the model we ordered typically takes 4-6 weeks to be delivered, so we're still waiting. However, we do have the mat that the TreadClimber will sit on and the space cleared out in the family room.

Danny and I have talked several times about being better at saving money. Our problem is that we are so used to being able to do whatever we want, whenever we want. We need to get better about money, and I trust that we will.

My other faux resolutions are as follows: to be a better friend, to stay in touch better with those I love - near and far, and to be a better employee. I know that I can be a better person in general, and I hope that 2010 helps me along that route!

1 comment:

  1. Yep, we're right there with you! Trying to start the envelope system (Dave Ramsey-style) to save money and getting into shape. This cold weather really throws things off. I'm trying to convince Chris to get a tread mill, but he about had a cow when we priced them!

    ReplyDelete