Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Holidays...in overdrive!

We had a super busy Christmas season this year, with multiple family gatherings in multiple locations! I thought several times that while it was exhausting for us, it would be more exhausting if we had small children! Who knows, maybe next year, we'll have a little one to tote around! Here's a recap of some of our celebrations!

We started Christmas Eve with a stop by my dad's side of the family. Being the first Christmas without my dad, it was a tough stop. I don't know why, but it's difficult to see his siblings and know that he is the missing link. I know that it will get easier with time, but this year, it was a bit much. We didn't stay for too long, as we had another celebration to attend.

We headed out to Danny's uncle's house and enjoyed some delicious pot roast and quality time with some family we don't get to see very often. We draw names with the family every year, and Danny's cousin, Kim, drew my name. I was so excited to find out that she had gotten me a year's subscription to "Bon Appetit" magazine! I can't wait to get my first copy!!


This is a picture of Danny and me taken at his uncle's house...notice the necklace! My little sister, Ashley, made it for me for Christmas - I love it!! She's so talented!

Christmas morning, Danny and I headed to his sister and brother-in-law's house for Christmas brunch. It was so fun to see our niece and nephew playing with all of their gifts from Santa, and getting excited over their gifts from us. We had a lovely meal and just about had to be rolled out of there.

We then headed to my mom's house for a smaller get-together. My grandmother prefers not to travel on Christmas Day, so we just had some chili with mom, my sisters, my aunt and uncle and a few cousins. It was fun to see Mom open her new leopard print Snuggie and just enjoy a few relaxing moments with the family. Again, I know it was a tough day for all of us, especially my mom, but we were able to get through it - together. 






The day after Christmas, my mom's side of the family all gathered together at my older sister's house. We had a great time together, and again, loved watching my niece open her presents! Danny and I got her a Princess scooter and she was so excited to have it! After the family went home for the evening, Ashley and I stayed and had a fun slumber party with Melissa. We had a blast - it had been a long time since we'd all hung out, so it was long over-due!


Ashley dancing on my mom - so funny!


Ashley and Mamaw


Ashley and Me


Me and Taylor


Vannah with her boyfriend, Tyler



Melissa, Ashley and me


Tay with her new scooter!

And I can't have a Christmas post without featuring the newest addition to our Christmas decor...Santa Claus. This is a picture of our front yard!


Yep, that's a 15 foot Santa Claus, in a hot air balloon, in our front yard!

No comments:

Post a Comment