Friday, January 13, 2012

This week...

A few updates from this week..

I went to my WW meeting on Tuesday. I didn't lose any weight. I didn't gain any either, but I didn't lose any. I was frustrated, but after talking with the woman sitting in front of me, I was encouraged again. She said that she had the same experience. So I'll continue on this journey. I've done pretty well this week. My new favorite meal is an omelette! For dinner, no less! It's so quick and easy. I can make one while Sophie plays. I've made it twice for dinner this week and it's about a 3 point meal, which is nothing. I use 1/2 c. egg beaters (1 pt), 1/4 c. reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese (2 pts) and whatever veggies I have (0 points!). I haven't had much to choose from this week. The first time, I added onion and green pepper...mmm! Last night, I only had green pepper, but it was good. I put salsa on top (0 points). Last night, I also had two pieces of toast because I had plenty of points to use.

Another recipe I made this week was Lemon Cake. I've looked forward to having a piece just about every night. It's just a box of lemon cake mix with a 20 oz bottle of Diet 7-up! I think I bought the wrong cake mix, as my cake ended up being about 5 points per slice (plus a serving of light Cool Whip - 1 point), but the original recipe said it was only 1.5 points per serving. I'll try to find the non-deluxe cake mix next time! It's been a nice treat and I've been quite selfish with it. I think Sophie would love it, but I've only had it after she's gone to bed!

Danny and I are planning a date night for this weekend. Nothing too crazy...probably just dinner and a movie and a quiet night at home. My sister is keeping Sophie for us, so I'll once again get to experience the glorious-ness that is sleeping in! I can't wait! I'm also thankful for the long weekend since Sophie will be gone one night! I'll have plenty of time with her on Monday!

Sophie has learned a new trick this week. She now knows how to shake her head "no." It's so cute. I'll say, "Sophie, can I have a kiss?" She'll shake her head no, but always ends up giving kisses. The sleeping thing remains inconsistent. Last Saturday, she fell asleep around 8 and we didn't hear from her again until 7 the next morning. Other nights are not so great. The last few nights, I've actually just let her cry for a little bit. I have to be able to get the dishes done and house picked up so she just has to learn how to sleep in her bed. The first night, she fell asleep standing up, resting her head on the side of the crib. It was pitiful. Last night, she about did the same thing, but after about 20 minutes, I went in a laid her down and she fell right to sleep. She was up a couple of times, but it's getting better. It's hard to set those firm limits with her. I want her to know that when she needs something, Mommy and Daddy will always be there. But when she is just standing in her crib doing her fake cry, she will have to learn to go to sleep!

I'm ready for the weekend! Hope you have a great one, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment