Sunday, January 1, 2012

Enchilada Chicken

Today, I made enchilada chicken in the slow cooker. It was really easy and turned out pretty well. Since I made the recipe up, I thought I should make a note of it so I don't forget what I did!

-1.5 lbs chicken breasts
-2 cans green enchilada sauce
-minced onion
-chili powder
-cumin
-paprika
-crushed red pepper flakes

I put all of this in the slow cooker (not sure how much of the spices I used...) and cooked it on high for about 3 hours. Once it was ready, I cooked bell peppers (one red and green) and a half an onion with some cooking spray, salt and pepper. For a late lunch/early dinner, we ate this like a burrito - with reduced fat cheese, sour cream and salsa. If I did my math correctly, the chicken mixture came out to about 5 points for a 1 cup serving. Not too bad! Plus, the peppers and onions are free, so I really loaded up on those!

I wouldn't mind for the chicken to have a bit more spice, but Sophie seemed to really enjoy it the way it was. If it were spicier, she probably wouldn't have been able to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment