Wednesday, June 16, 2010

To wrap up my ramblings for tonight, I just have to say that the past few weeks have been really great. I've been able to catch up with two of my dearest friends that I just don't see often enough and as always, spend time with the ones that are around a lot.

Last week, my friend Jackie came over for dinner, crafting, and a bottle of wine. We had a really nice time catching up on the past few months of life. I hate that she lives so close and yet, we just don't get together enough. I'm always so excited to hear what's going on in her life and love that I can keep track through her blog. It was a much needed night - no T.V., no music, just two good friends, a few glasses of wine, and lots to catch up on.

Tonight, I was able to see my dear friend, Ellie, who I really don't think I've seen in about 5 years. We had so many fun times in high school and times we were both home from college. It was so great to catch up with her over dinner. I love having someone that I can call my "L.A. friend," but I really wish she didn't live so far away.

Otherwise - I've spent lots of time with my friends that are closer to home - relaxing, watching old episodes of Sex and the City and making new memories. I have to say, we are so very blessed!

Not only does today mark Danny's 31st birthday, but we've hit the one year mark with our house. While there are still so many things that we want to do with the house, we have really made it our home. I love coming home everynight to a place that's really ours. I love having cook-outs on the weekends and that our home has really become a gathering place for our friends. I was talking with Kristin the other night about how great it is that we have the house and how in the past year, it seems like this house has really pulled a group of good people together. We just have so much fun sitting in the back, having bonfires, playing wiffle ball, and hopefully this weekend - slipping and sliding! Oh yeah, that's right. Pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment