Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Oaks and Derby 2010



A few days before The Oaks this year, my dear friend Leslie called and said that she had a great deal on a couple of tickets for The Oaks. We'd been talking a lot about The Oaks and The Derby considering that we live in Louisville and that I've never been to either. I really, really wanted to go, but was concerned about taking the time off of work. Thankfully, my boss was super understanding and in fact told me that I would be crazy not to go. Leslie and I had such a great time! We started with breakfast at her place and then headed out to Churchill Downs to start the drinking...err...horse racing! We had some great seats with a few of Leslie's friends. We were having a great time and then I got a call from my sister who was there with her husband. Since they work in the corporate world, they had an even better deal in store for us. They were able to snag us two tickets to the corporate "tents," which included free food and drinks! Oh, and air conditioning (the sun was H-O-T that day....I still have the awesome tan lines to prove it).

We had a fabulous time in the corporate tents. And the view - well, all I can say is WOW. Here's a picture of the running of The Oaks.


 

After a fun-filled day with the fillies and the Lilies (yummy!), we met a few friends at Wick's for dinner. My hair was completely smashed to my head, so I had my pizza in style!



We shared some good laughs and then went home to ease our sun burns - Leslie and I were both a little red!

After such a fun day at the track on Friday, we opted to stay in for the Derby on Saturday. We had all of our friends over for a feast of spaghetti with meat sauce, baked ziti (Jackie's delicious recipe), garlic bread and Amy's crunchy ice cream! We were so full but had fun gambling on the races, playing Left-Right-Center, dancing in the living room and relaxing in our pj's!


No comments:

Post a Comment