Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Briefly

Things at our house are still a little crazy. Mom and Vannah have been approved for their new apartment, so we're just trying to figure out when they should move in. They don't have a lot to move at this point, other than clothes, but we've had several offers of furniture. Hopefully, we'll be able to pick up some things soon and help get them settled into their new place. 

The weekend went by way too quickly, with very little downtime. I'm tired. Danny's tired. Sophie is not sleeping well with all the change. But I know that I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm thankful that while we don't have a ton of extra space, we do have enough for mom and Vannah to stay with us during this time. Everything in life is time-limited...the good times and the bad times. It's been nice to have extra company this week, but when the time comes, it will be nice for us to settle back into our routine. 

I went to my WW meeting last night. I hadn't been able to go in two weeks, so I was glad to get back. I've now lost 22.2 pounds. The group leader mentioned that in the Jewish tradition, three 2's is a sign of good luck. She said that a few years ago, a man lost 22.2 pounds, went to the boat, played the second slot machine and on the second pull won $10,000. Mom and I really wanted to go to the boat last night, but didn't have a sitter. :) I know we could all use some better luck these days, so even if it's not a $10,000 jackpot, I'll take whatever is headed our way. 

We are just a little over a week away from Sophie's first birthday. I haven't had any time to work on planning her birthday party, but it won't be that big of a shin-dig, so I'm sure all will be fine. I did get the invitations in the mail before the fire last Sunday, so at least people know when to show up. I am looking forward to celebrating my sweet little girl and the week long vacation that follows. Sophie continues to grow and change every day. When I came home from my meeting last night, it was almost 7 p.m. and she was so tired. She nearly jumped into my arms, tucked her little arms between her body and mine, leaned her head on my shoulder and kept saying "Oooooo, ooooo, oooooo." It was absolutely the best part of my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment