Monday, May 6, 2013

Starting over, again

I have been on and off WW for more than a year now. When I first joined, I was enthusiastic. I counted every last point, tracked everything and met my initial short-term goals very quickly! All together, I've lost about 50 pounds with WW. The past several months have been stagnant. I haven't gained much weight, but I haven't lost it either. I've stayed in the same 8 pound range for a while. I'm frustrated with myself and I KNOW that I deserve better and that I can do better.

So, where does this leave me? Well, I am looking for a greater sense of accountability. My plan is to post what I eat every weekday for the month (I'll try for the weekends, too but I'm trying to be realistic). Not many people read this little blog of mine, but someone might and that someone might give me the accountability and encouragement I need to stay focused.

I have set a goal to lose 40 pounds by my birthday in August. That's 3 full months of tracking and exercising. We will see if I can stick to it this time.

My current daily Points Plus allowance is 38 points. Here's how today went for me.

Breakfast:
1 c. Special K Fruit & Yogurt Cereal (4 pts)
1/2 c. Skim Milk (1 pt)
1 serving Smart Ones Egg and Sausage Wrap (6 pts)
(I decided to eat more for breakfast than usual today so I wouldn't feel hungry early in the day. If I get hungry when I'm alone in my office, I'll snack on anything around without thinking about it. This was a good idea today.)

Lunch:
Trader Joe's No Guilt Mac and Cheese (7 pts)
Banana
Water

Dinner (my splurge for the week):
I met two of my girlfriend's at Chuy's for dinner. It's incredibly difficult to find nutritional info for Chuy's on-line. I'm not sure that what I found was accurate, but here goes. 

Chicken Combo (Chicken Chalupa and Chicken Fajita Soft Taco) - 14 pts
Texas Martini - I have no idea how many points this is.
Chips, salsa, queso, etc. - here's my downfall. I had my meal planned before I even got to the restaurant. But, that didn't stop me from indulging in a ridiculous amount of chips and dips (darn you nacho bar!). All that to say, that was definitely my splurge for the week.

My food total for the day was 32 (plus the Texas Martini and chips/dips). WW allows you to have 49 Weekly Points that you can either use at once or spread throughout the week. When I've been serious about tracking in the past, I would have a splurge meal, and just not use any of the weekly points. This worked for me and I lost weight. So, since I'm not really sure how much I went over my daily points allowance, my plan for the week is to not use any of the weekly points. If I go over  my points allowance for any day, I will have to earn activity points in its place. I know this isn't the technical way that WW teaches, but it does work for me.

So there you have it. Day 1 of tracking and being accountable down. 


No comments:

Post a Comment