Monday, March 4, 2013

Sophie's 2!

It's official...



This little girl is 2 years old! We celebrated her birthday this past Saturday with our families and a few close friends. Sophie loved the decorations and really enjoyed herself throughout the whole day. 


These are the cupcakes I made! White cupcakes with blue and red(ish) buttercream.


A close-up of the cupcakes


Such a little diva! Unfortunately, she was so excited for her party that she completely bypassed her nap!



Relishing in everyone singing "Happy Birthday!"


Blowing out the candles


Sophie's cousins and our friend Lucy enjoying the cupcakes


Sophie had a lot of helpers while opening her presents!


Sophie and me after the party - what a happy girl!


Danny surprised both of us by bringing home this trampoline. Sophie loves it!


And this is the birthday girl around 7:30 that evening...absolutely worn out!


We are working on making her room more of a big girl room and less of a nursery (tear). I have no intentions of painting the walls. I figure that by the time we decide to have #2, Sophie will move into the other bedroom and this will go back to the nursery. Sophie's other present was her bedding- Minnie Mouse sheets, comforter, and pillow case. We went out yesterday and bought Sophie the shelves in her room. We still need to get a new window valance and lamp so we can retire the nursery theme....for now anyways.

The party turned out pretty well. We decided to have a hot dog bar in honor of "The Hot Dog Dance" from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I found a few websites on Pinterest where people suggested cooking hot dogs in a crock pot. I needed a way to be sure that all of the hot dogs were hot and ready for everyone and this seemed like the perfect answer! I was pleasantly surprised with how they turned out. They weren't over cooked or dry at all. Each of the websites I found said to just put the hot dogs in the crock pot, put the lid on, and cook. No added water or anything. I set out onions, mustard, ketchup, pickles, relish and cheese for the hot dogs.  I also tried to make a copycat Skyline chili recipe. It was okay - I think the recipe called for a little too much cocoa (yes, cocoa in chili), but I also think I let it cook for too long. Typically, we think that chili gets better the longer it sits, but I don't think that applied to this recipe. It was edible, but not my favorite recipe. 


After all the planning and preparation for the party, I'm pretty sure these balloons were the biggest hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment