Monday, March 4, 2013

Baby Shower

I hosted a baby shower for Ashley a few weekends ago. It was a lot of work, but absolutely worth it! It was a fun day, but I spent a lot of time preparing for it over the past few weeks.


I made this tissue paper "poofs" to help with the decorations. The "theme" was really just pinks/purples, so I made 2 pink and 2 purple poofs to hang in the kitchen. I also bought a pack of paper lanterns from the party supply store, and I think they all went together well. 


I made pink and purple cupcakes for the baby shower. They were a hit! 


The cousins - anxiously awaiting the arrival of baby Maggie!


My beautiful sister!


Let me just say...thank goodness for Pinterest! It has really inspired me to become a better hostess and more thoughtful gift give! I found this idea on Pinterest and thought it would be perfect for the shower. This was the "guest book" for the shower. Each guest signed one of the circles/balloons and I glued them on to the page. At the end of the shower, I placed it in a frame so Ashley could remember that day. 

I didn't have any games for people to play - I wanted people to eat, visit, and not feel forced to play a game that they didn't want to play. I did ask the guests to participate in one activity. I made 21 note cards and numbered 21 envelopes 1 - 21. At the shower, I asked each person to take a card and an envelope and write a note to Maggie to open on the corresponding birthday. (The person who got the envelope with an 8 on it, wrote Maggie a note to open on her 8th birthday.) Again, I can't take credit for this idea. Several years ago, I attended a baby shower at work and the hostess introduced this idea. 


And here I am with my beautiful sister! I still cannot believe she will be a Mommy in just a few short weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment