Sunday, November 11, 2012

The last few weeks of RCIA have been a bit different. I actually missed one week, as I was home sick with some sort of virus. It was probably the best week to miss, as there was a guest speaker discussing annulments/divorce - not really a topic that applies to me. Two weeks ago, we attended Mass for All Saint's Day. This week, we joined with the other group to process the annulment talk, Mass, and we talked some about the Saints. I'm definitely still enjoying the group. I find myself really looking forward to every Thursday night.

I have asked my mother-in-law to be my sponsor in this process. I work with someone who is a parishioner at St. Albert and she had offered to be my sponsor, but I'm not sure that she's the best match for me in this process. Socially, I think she can help introduce us to other families there, but spiritually, I'm not sure that we mesh. The next few weeks will be very busy. We will be meeting the Parish staff during our time together this coming week. We'll have a week off for Thanksgiving and then a week or two with just our original group. I'll go through my Rite of Acceptance on December 15th at the Saturday evening Mass. I'm really looking forward to that!


No comments:

Post a Comment