Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Girl's Day

On Sunday, I was able to spend the day with two of my best friends, Macy and Rebecca. We had lunch together and then drove to Ferdinand, Indiana to visit the Monastery Immaculate Conception and watch a Christmas concert. Macy was able to give us a "behind the scenes" tour, venturing to places not necessarily open to the public. It is truly a beautiful place to visit. 


 This picture was taken from the cemetery in front of the Monastery. I believe that Macy said that St. Benedict taught to keep your dead in front of you, as a reminder that we never know when our time will come. I loved learning about the history of the Monastery and the Benedictine Sisters. I am so very thankful for two of the best friends I could ask for. I enjoyed being able to talk openly about our faith journeys, asking questions of each other, and being able to support each other on a spiritual level. It was a great day! I'm also so very thankful that Danny was off work and able to stay home with Sophie for the day. It's not very often that I get a break from being "Mommy!"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment