Tuesday, September 4, 2012

30!

I turned the big 3-0 on August 27th! We had a lovely party at my sister, Melissa's, house the Saturday before. Most of my closest friends/family were there and we really had a great time!!




Ready to blow out my candles


Loving my new kitchen art! 


Wine!


Never too old for a whoopie cushion!


My sisters


My sisters and my mama


My "oldest" friends...all the way back to the 6th grade



Me and the hubs


Love this!


Nick finally got in front of the camera!


These ladies make my life better


Dance party! :)

On my 27th birthday, I posted here about some of the hopes I had for the future. Looking back over the list is interesting, and definitely reminds me of how much has changed over the past three years. In reflection, I will say that at this point in my life, things are good. There could always be more (money, children, free time) and less (bills, tempter tantrums, paperwork), but I have to say that I am happy with where I am in life. I am happy with my career. I love my job and am treated well by my supervisor and appreciated by my co-workers. We have a beautiful 18 month old, rambunctious, entertaining and pretty much perfect daughter. We have a home that is ours. While I still miss my dad more than I can say, I see him in the little things and that brings me comfort. I am surrounded by the most awesome group of friends I could ever ask for and my family is pretty great, too. If I made an actual list on my 27th birthday, I'd be able to check off more things than not. I've earned my CSW and am well on my way to my LCSW. I've been to visit my dad's grave several times and have also taken Sophie to see her gramps. I can truly say that I have become more assertive in my communications with others - saying what I need to say, when I need to say it instead of bottling things up. One thing on my list that I'm a few steps closer to reaching is learning how to sew. I have a sewing machine, but I've never turned it on. You can't do it all, right!?

No comments:

Post a Comment