Tuesday, September 11, 2012

18 Months

Our baby girl is growing up! Here she is this morning.


She had her 18 month check up yesterday afternoon. She is now 26 lbs, 2 oz (75th percentile) and is 33.5 inches tall (90th percentile). She had her first major boo-boo yesterday. She fell while with my mom yesterday and the screen door hit her on the top of her head. She has about 1/2 inch cut on the top of her head. The doctor wasn't overly concerned about it. He said that it definitely didn't need stitches, but he went ahead and used the dermabond to glue my little humpty dumpty back together. She was a champ. As of this morning, she was running around in circles, acting like a peacock while watching "Monkey See, Monkey Do."

She is truly such a joy. Every day is filled with laughter (and tears at times). Sophie is such a ham and loves to make her mommy and daddy laugh. She remembers EVERYTHING. We found a turtle in our backyard about a week ago and she is constantly asking to go see her turtle. Everything is "mine." "My mommy," "my daddy," "my house," "my cheese," and the list could go on for days. She loves to snort like a pig. She'll ask "I be a pig?" And I'll say, "Ok" and she'll continue to snort and act like a pig. When she goes to sleep at night, I'll ask her if she wants to sing a song. She'll say "ABC!" or "Uppa" (Twinkle Twinkle Little Star) or "Shiny!" (You are My Sunshine). We also go through all of our family every night before she goes to sleep. She can name all of her family, including her grandparents (even her angel, "Gramps"), aunts, uncles and cousins. She can tell you the names and sounds of many animals: donkey, birds, cat, dog, horse, cow, sheep, snake, bunny (hop hop!), owl, rooster, etc. She eats really well and will ask for "fries" and "cookies" when she's hungry. Her smile and laugh are infectious. She's also recognizing places that we go. If we go to my sister's house, she knows we are there to see "Cuzzy, T, Missa and Buddy." If we drive past Grandma and Grandpa's house, she will wave and say "Ello Grandpa Grandma!" She even has worked on her manners, saying "peas," "thank you," and "bless you" when someone sneezes. She loves Mickey and Minnie Mouse and Elmo (of course).

She is hands down the most wonderful gift I have ever been given.


No comments:

Post a Comment