Friday, April 15, 2011

Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken

This week, I've been trying to cook more - for several reasons. The biggest reason is because I learned pretty quickly that not having something quick to heat up in the evenings while Danny is working is a big mistake. The first night Danny went back to work, Sophie and I were both hungry and cranky! I decided that I needed to take advantage of the time when he is home by preparing meals that I can just stick in the microwave to eat when I'm ready. This week, I made red beans and rice with sausage and buffalo chicken. Wednesday evening, one of my friends came by and we had breakfast for dinner (pancakes, eggs and sausage). I'm trying so hard not to go out to eat! I'm doing pretty well this week! I didn't have a clear plan for what to do with the buffalo chicken, but it just sounded so good! It was so easy, too!

Here's the recipe:

1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts

1 jar wing sauce
1/2 pkg dry ranch dressing mix

Place the chicken in the slow cooker. Sprinkly 1/2 pkg of dry ranch dressing mix over the chicken. Cover with wing sauce. Cook on low for 4 hours (give or take). I checked it after about 3 and a half hours - the chicken was so tender! I shredded the chicken and put it back in the slow cooker to continue to soak in the flavors! We had this for dinner tonight - served on toasted hoagie rolls with provolone cheese and a little bit of ranch dressing! Yummy! The original recipe called for a few tablespoons of butter to be added in at the end of the slow cooking process. I forgot to do that and we didn't miss it. Tomorrow, I'll take what's left of the chicken and make a buffalo chicken pizza. I'm already looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment