Thursday, February 24, 2011

Almost there!

It's been a bit of an eventful week! Last weekend, I had two showers! They were both so nice! The first, on Saturday, was at the Louisville Boat Club with my father's side of the family. It was a pretty intimate gathering, but nice to see some aunts and cousins that I haven't seen in a while. I'm also thankful that my grandmother was able to be there as she's had multiple health issues over the past year. On Sunday, my sister-in-law and mother-in-law hosted a shower. Everything was so perfect! It was nice to see family from out of town, and family from in town that we don't see very often! It was a really great celebration! After the shower, we joined my dad's side of the family again for a birthday dinner to celebrate my grandmother's birthday. By 8 o'clock, I was completely exhausted!

I had a doctor's appointment on Monday morning. Danny wasn't able to come with me because he had his own doctor's appointment that morning. I wasn't overly concerned as the appointments have become pretty mundane at this point. Well - needless to say, lesson learned. I will not be going to the rest of my appointments (maybe just 1 more!) alone. I learned that I was between 3.5 and 4 cm dilated, so my body is continuing to prepare for the baby to make its entrance. When listening to the baby's heartbeat, the doctor became concerned because the heart beat would accelerate and then slow back down. My doctor told me that she would hook me up to a monitor and check on things, but if the heart rate didn't slow down, we'd be heading to the hospital to deliver the baby. WHAT!?!?! I was completely unprepared for that! Of course, she says "Don't worry, it will be fine," which only made me worry more. After a frustrating hour or so of trying to get a good reading on the fetal monitor, I was told that everything was fine and just to come back next week. I go back Monday morning, and this time, I'm planning on being more prepared in case my doctor wants to deliver the baby!

Danny and I went to pick up a few more "necessities" on Monday evening. Thankfully, I'd made a list and we were in and out of Babies R Us in no time. I was exhausted after the emotional doctor's appointment. Tuesday morning, I decided to send a very last minute plea to a few of my friends and sister, begging for some help with getting things ready around the house. Macy, Rebecca and my sister Ashley came and were absolutely amazing! They cleaned, organized, unpacked, washed, folded, put away, swept, mopped - they did it all! It was more than I had expected and I am so thankful for their help. I went to bed Tuesday night, finally feeling at ease and ready for baby to come.

So, now we wait. Things are ready. I am ready. I have been so blessed this entire pregnancy - no health problems, few complaints, etc. Now, I'm kind of done. I don't know what has changed over the past week, but I'm just ready for the baby to be here. I'm feeling bigger and bigger by the day. I'm struggling to find comfortable ways to sleep. Heartburn is keeping me up. I'm worn out by noon. I'm just ready! Tonight, I started to get my hospital bag together. This weekend, we'll install the car seat and put the bag next to the door. My co-workers don't think I'll make it through the week next week. I guess we'll see. I'm definitely ready to wrap things up there. There's going to be a baby here before we know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment