Wednesday, February 16, 2011

37 weeks and counting!

We had another great doctor's appointment yesterday! Our little one is growing and active and we really feel blessed beyond measure. I had another ultrasound, as my doctor has wanted to check on the baby's growth. I love being able to see our little one. The ultrasound tech was wonderful again and switched the machine over to the 3D/4D setting! I love when she does that! She printed a few pics for us! Here's a sweet shot of baby's face:

As far as stats go, they think baby is weighing in at 6 lbs 7 oz....a little on the petite side, but my doctor was not concerned about that. She said the baby is in the 37th percentile - which is good because he/she is big enough to be healthy if born now but small enough for an "easier" delivery! Sounds great to me! Of course, ultrasounds are not perfect and the weight could be way off, so I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much. I'm dilated about 2.5 cm at this point, so not too much of a change from last week. The doctor talked to us about not wanting to go too far past my due date to wait for baby to come, and at this point Danny and I are fine with that. I've said that I would like the baby to come anytime after March 1. That's what I've had in my head for so long. I know it's not really up to me, and baby will come when baby is ready to come!

I am getting so excited, but more nervous and anxious as well. Life just hasn't slowed down at all and we've had some curveballs thrown our way over the past week or so. I'm so tired by the time I get home from work that I haven't done anything more to the baby's room. In fact, all of the gifts from my showers are still just kind of sitting around. I've got to get busy on unpacking, washing and organizing this weekend, but the schedule is jam packed. All I want is a nap! I am definitely looking forward to this weekend. Danny and I are both blessed with large families and we have two more baby showers this weekend! On Saturday, I'll be celebrating with dad's side of the family and on Sunday, Danny's sister and mom are hosting a shower for us. Sunday evening, we'll join my dad's side of the family again for dinner to celebrate my grandmother's birthday. I don't know how I'll ever make it to work on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment