Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Summer Memories

I’ve been tagged by A Place to Dwell (my SIL's blog) on favorite summer memories. So, here it goes:

Favorite Summer Movie – I just love "Steel Magnolias" - it's not really a "summer" movie, but it's really one of my all-time favorites!

Favorite Summer Cocktail – I love a good, fruity cocktail! I really love Mai Tais and Hurricanes especially.

Favorite Summer Song – I'd have to say "Down" by Widespread Panic...I just love it! "Take along some of your favorite things, cause you're gonna need 'em. Wait right here, wait 'til I come back around. You and I will go, we'll just sit and watch it all go down..."

Favorite Summer Outfit – Anything with my black Nike flip flops is perfect for me! Being able to wear my flip flops always signals the beginnging of summer, and I really struggle with putting them away at the end of the season! I especially love khaki shorts and a nice tank top with the flip flops!

Favorite Summer Reading – Hard to say what would qualify as "summer" reading, however so far this summer, I have enjoyed a wide array of books! The tops being: "The Other Boleyn Girl" by Phillipa Gregory, "sTori Telling" (by Tori Spelling - LOVED IT!), "The 8th Confession" (by James Patterson), and am currently reading "The Time Traveler's Wife." I like so many books in so many different genres, it's hard to pick just one!

Favorite Summer Moment – I have many memories of my childhood when we would go to Delaware to visit our cousins. To this day, our cousins remind us of how we loved to eat the sand! Otherwise, I think my favorite summer moments of my childhood were spent on the softball field - I was never the greatest player, but God, I had a blast! I probably took it more seriously than I should have, but I have so many wonderful memories of playing softball AND of attening Louisville Redbirds baseball games with my grandparents.

I'm so new to blogging that I don't follow enough people to "tag" them to do the same, but leave a comment! Let me know some of your favorite summer memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment