Sunday, August 23, 2009

Happiness...


I was talking with a dear friend yesterday and a lot of our discussion centered around "happiness" and things that make us happy. I think it's so easy to look at our lives and think of all the things that could make us happy (like, if the bathroom would just remodel itself) instead of focusing on the things in our life that bring us happiness regularly. So, I've been thinking of all the things in my life that make me happy: My husband - I just love him...he makes me laugh when I'm sad or upset and loves me in spite of my faults. My family - they are crazy, but I don't know what I would do without them....my sisters show me so much love and inspire me to keep going every day (whether they know it or not, many times they are the reason that I get out of bed - just the hope that I'll get to see them each day)...my mom, who despite her many weaknesses, wants so desperately to be strong and I pray that she will find that strength. My friends - I must say, I have the best friends in the world - whether I need to vent, cry, laugh or go for a ride to get ice cream, they have been there right next to me. I am so blessed, and I hope that I will continue to find the things in my life that bring me such joy.

Other sources of happiness: Hazelnut coffee, a good book, holding a new baby, my kitty, a new recipe that turns out just "perfect," a job well done, a pat on the back, a good deal, catching up with old friends, learning, the French language, a bed time story, snuggling, a good joke.
Speaking of new recipes, I tried two new ones today! One was Bisquick's Impossibly Easy Cheeseburger Pie - not the most "gourmet" meal I've ever made, but we did enjoy it very much! For dinner, I marinated chicken breasts in balsamic vinaigrette, then baked it and melted feta cheese on top. I served it (to myself) with peas (my favorite!) and parmesan garlic couscous! Delicious - and lunch is already made for tomorrow!!

1 comment: