Monday, August 10, 2009

Here we go!

Danny and I have been talking for a while about starting our own blog (you know, catching up with the trend), but we've struggled with what exactly we would share on our blog. While trying out a new recipe in my new kitchen tonight, I had an epiphany! I decided that we can use this blog as a place to share favorite recipes and all of the wonderful and exciting things that happen in our lives (not that there are that many, but what the heck!). So - here goes! :)

Tonight for dinner, I wanted to make some kind of grilled chicken (we're doing the "Biggest Loser" at work - I'm not winning), but get so sick of the same old bland grilled chicken. So, I made a marinade with lemon juice, minced garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, and oregano. I marinaded the chicken and a sliced onion for about 30 minutes and put it on the George Foreman Grill. The chicken was quite delicious if I must say so myself - very moist! The onions would be better grilled a bit more, but all in all, a very healthy meal! And, to top it off - Banana Nut Fiber One muffins!


I put a picture of my dad up in my kitchen this weekend (who passed away in April). My dad was my inspiration in many areas of my life. He taught me a lot about the world of music, the value of education, and the joy of cooking. My father had many faults, but I know that he loved me deeply and his wish for his family would be that we always remember the good things about him. His smile. His laugh. His stories that would drag on forever, but always had a great punch line. His love for awful horror movies. The many meals that he so lovingly prepared for his family at the drop of a dime. He was truly a man that could make a gourmet meal from an empty pantry. So I've brought dad into my kitchen to serve as a source of inspiration - just when I think that there's nothing to make and it would just be easier to grab take-out, I can look up at dad and draw some inspiration from him. Tonight's meal was one of those. Love you dad. You still inspire me everyday....hope I'm making you proud.





No comments:

Post a Comment