Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I'm having a bad day...

I really am. I'm trying to snap out of it, but I'm just frustrated. I want this time in my life to be in my past. I am ready for new challenges and new adventures. So, I dug deep and found a couple of quotes that are often helpful to me.

"The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all." ~Leo Rosten

I think this quote is saying that once you are productive, once you do matter, once you are useful - you will be happy. I am generally a happy person, but over the past few months, I've realized that I need to get "back to my roots" and back to what matters to me most. I need to feel that the work I am doing is connected to a mission that I believe in with my entire being. I believe I've found that, and now I'm ready to start again.

"You can't change the world but you can change yourself. You shouldn't concern yourself with other's perception of you but rather concern yourself with your character, which is the true measure of who and what you are." ~ Coach John Wooden

Danny sent me this quote many years ago. I think I was still away at college and we were doing the long-distance thing. Those were some great times, but definitely had their trials. I can't remember the situation I was going through at that time, but Danny emailed me this quote and I have kept it pinned to every office bulletin board I've had since then. It really just speaks to me. So here's to a better day! And a very happy birthday to my dear friend Macy!

No comments:

Post a Comment