Sunday, June 16, 2013

Progress, but a long way to go

I realized that with my weight loss last week (lost 3.1 pounds!), I now officially weigh 50 pounds less than I did when I got pregnant with Sophie. That's a VERY good thing, but I still have a lot of work to do. And just to remind myself this is what real progress looks like:



I'm not where I want to be, but I'm definitely not where I once was. The picture on the left was taken in the fall of 2009, at a real low point in my life (I hated my job, my dad had recently passed, I desperately wanted to have a baby). The picture on the right was taken last night. Life still isn't perfect, but (again) it's better than it was.

I've had a hard time staying on top of posting my food journals daily. I am still tracking everything and staying within my allotted points. It feels so great to step on the scale and see the number go down, so I'm continuing to work towards my goal and staying focused.

I've been considering purchasing an ActiveLink subscript and device (it tracks your daily activity and calculates how many activity points you earn throughout the day). I think it would be another tool to use to keep me focused on the goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment