Monday, April 1, 2013

An Unforgettable Easter


Let's just say that the Easter Vigil did not go as planned. I woke up Saturday morning with the stomach bug from hell. I was devastated...literally, sitting in the bathroom, crying my eyes out because all I wanted was to be able to go to my First Communion. I didn't go to the rehearsal, thinking that if I could just rest up, I would be fine for the service that night. Or so I thought. I rested all day. It took just about everything I had to shower and get ready, but I powered through and (in my stubbornness) decided to go to the service. Looking back, I should have thrown in the towel, but I didn't. The service started outside and we all processed in to our seats. As we were standing at the beginning of the service, I started to feel a little light-headed and woozy. So, I spent the first half of the service in the bathroom. Once I made it back, I tried to watch my friends be baptized, but got too light-headed and hot standing up that I had to again walk out of the church. Finally, it was time to be confirmed. As the priest started down the line, I started to feel light-headed again and had to take a seat until he was a little closer to me. Following the confirmation, I immediately returned to my seat. We went forward a second time to receive our First Communion. I was so excited for that moment. Even though it was NOT the night I had imagined or hoped for, the goal was accomplished and I am glad I was able to experience that with my friends. 

We left immediately following the service. I couldn't stand for another minute and was not about to eat cake. Danny and I came home that night and he slept in the bed and I passed out on the couch. Easter morning, he sent me a text saying "This is so bad." Yep, the bug got him, too. We both spent Easter Sunday sleeping and watching TV. Thank God for our parents. Danny's parents brought us ginger ale, gatorade and crackers. My mom kept Sophie for most of the day. I'm glad that Sophie was still able to have some fun. I took the day off today to recover, do laundry, and be sure that I could eat before heading back to work. 

Here are a few pictures from the ceremony. As my RCIA leader said, it was a night I'll never forget! We will continue to celebrate over the next few weeks and wrap up with a potluck at the end of the month. That will be fun!








Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment