Sunday, December 16, 2012

Rite of Acceptance

Things have continued to go smoothly in my conversion process. I've been attending RCIA weekly and have attended Mass the past two weekends (progress, not perfection). Last night at Mass, we celebrated our Rite of Acceptance. I enjoyed the ceremony and the symbolism behind it...being accepted into a Catholic community and hearing the members of the community pledge to welcome us and help us to feel a part of the life of the Church. It was a touching moment to receive the sign of the Cross on my forehead, eyes, ears, lips, shoulders, heart, hands and feet from my sponsor (my mother-in-law). We also received Bibles from Fr. Wayne during the ceremony. 

It was also special to me that one of my favorite passages from the Old Testament was read during Mass. We actually printed part of this passage on the back of our programs at our wedding.


Zephaniah 3: 14-18a

Shout for joy, O daughter Zion! Sing joyfully, O Israel! Be glad and exult with all your heart, O daughter Jerusalem! The LORD has removed the judgment against you he has turned away your enemies; the King of Israel, the LORD, is in your midst, you have no further misfortune to fear. On that day, it shall be said to Jerusalem: Fear not, O Zion, be not discouraged! The LORD, your God, is in your midst, a mighty savior; he will rejoice over you with gladness, and renew you in his love, he will sing joyfully because of you, as one sings at festivals.

We are now on break for a few weeks, which is nice to get us through the Christmas season. Things have been so busy with the wedding that we are less than ready for Christmas. We did get a tree and it's been decorated. I've bought a few gifts, but have many more to purchase and wrap. I ordered our Christmas cards last night, so I'll be picking those up today and sending them out this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment