Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Moving on up

It's been a crazy couple of weeks! I feel like I've been working non-stop (which, really, I have) and just haven't had much time to just breathe. Case in point, the DVR is 82% full!! I have so many shows to catch up on and so little time to just sit and watch! I am hoping that in the next few weeks, work will calm down a bit and I will be able to enjoy the lovely fall weather (my favorite season of all!). I'm looking forward to having this whole weekend off work, but it looks like I'll be helping my mom and sister move into their new place.

After this weekend, all of my closest family members will have found new homes/apartments. Melissa and her family moved into a beautiful new home just after Danny and I moved into our first home. Ashley is moving out on her own again, and I know she's looking forward to a fresh start! Her apartment is so cute and she and her boyfriend have already done a lot of work! Mom and Vannah are moving this weekend into a new place as well. I am so excited for them to have a new beginning. I know that it's been difficult for them (and Ashley) to live in the home that they shared with my dad, and I think it will just be great for them to start over. The apartment is just beautiful (I'm insanely jealous of her kitchen!!) and has so much potential.

I must say, change is good. Danny and I have had several heart-to-hearts with Vannah over the past few days (the teenage years are just great, right?) and sharing with her how much we've both changed since we were 13. Looking back over the past 10 years of my life, I know that I have evolved in many ways. I have different fears, doubts, motivations, interests, and dreams than I did 10 years ago. I have had to face situations that I never dreamed I would have, and had to make difficult choices along the way. I hold to my belief that I will not have regrets...each choice that I've made in my life, I made for a reason that made sense at that time.

All that being said, I am so excited about the changing of the seasons. I love watching the leaves change colors, the crisp air, and bonfires! Here's to fall, and more changes to come!

Some new pictures...




No comments:

Post a Comment